All true and very valid points.  I think we all need to contact Eric Wilfred
who is the General Manager of the Mac Business Unit at Microsoft. He has been
part of the unit since Office 98.  He was responsible for PowerPoint and
recently over seeing Office 2011.
I don't know a direct way of contacting him, but here is a option.
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/eric-wilfrid/4/81a/a19