I want to add to my previous email regarding iCloud in iTunes.
The service for pushing your media content across all your devices
will be available in iOS 5. As far as I can tell, iOS 5 will be
available around September.
As for the cloud, it is not exactly a cloud service like that of
Amazon and Google. You do not have the ability to upload your content
to a cloud, then stream it anywhere with your device. The actual
storage of the content is still in your device, iPod, iPhone, iPad,
etc.
The only part that is considered a cloud is photos. Apple will store
up to 1000 of your photos in a cloud storage.
Is this confusing enough?
Then, on top of this, syncing your content across your devices is only
for iTunes purchases. If you have a CD collection that you ripped into
iTunes, you will have to pay for iTunes Match. This is a service that
will allow iTunes to identify the music you ripped from CDs, and match
them with the iTunes equivalent. iTunes Match will cost you $25 a
year. What I'm not sure is whether $25 is all you have to pay, then
you get your music, or you have to pay separately for each album. This
was not clear to me.
So if you have been holding your breath in anticipation of Lion and
iOS 5, you will have to hold it just a bit longer.

--
Shen
goalb...@gmail.com