Hi Vince,

I don't know the iMac layout, but Apple's support pages gives full information
on how to perform memory upgrades and disk installations (on computer and
laptop models where this is relatively easy to access).  Go to the Knowledge
Base Article on "iMac: How to remove or install memory":
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1423

You'll have to read the linked portions specific to your model (e.g, "iMac
(21.5-inch, Late 2009)" or other size 2009 models that they list).  This will
tell you what you need to remove once you unscrew the door, and whether there
are tabs to pull out before going to the next stage.

For information purposes, all these documents at available in multiple
languages (use item chooser menu to pick the one you want).  Also, the Apple
Support page for your product will have links to "How to" documents, so I did a
Google search of the Apple Support pages for your (Intel) iMac and found:

http://www.apple.com/support/imac/intel/

Then I found and went to the link for "Remove or install memory" on that page
to get to the Knowledge Base article I posted above.  The same search method
can be applied to other Apple products to find this kind of information.  If,
for some reason, you can't find or navigate the Apple product support pages,
the Macrumors guides pages give a lot of information and links, and you can
Google search for those instead.  They typically have both buying guides that
describe/compare products and features, and track when they are released, and
hardware information guides that help you understand machine configuration.
However, you'll get the most detailed information for items such as upgrading
memory from the Apple Support site.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther