Hi there Esther,
I downloaded, and it loaded itself, Brightness Control.

So far, it works perfectly. I can finally reduce the brightness of my I Mac.
Thanks a  bunch. There is also an app in the app store, I forget it's name, for
$2.95 that has a 4.5 rating. I'll stick to the freebee for now.
Tom Frank
vermont...@gmail.com