Uh, help?

So when I first started playing around with Garage-Band, the musical
typing function worked fine once I downloaded all the necessary Apple
sound stuff.  But then I deleted a track from the piece I'd been
experimenting on, and it hasn't worked properly since!  At first it
would work in every other track but the replacement I was trying to
create for the one I deleted, but now it's not working at all.  The
dialogue's coming up, but I'm not hearing any sound when I type.  Any
idea what's going on?  This is really important, because I'm not sure
my Mac will recognize my midi keyboard on account of its being
positively ancient!  So any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ok, thanks again.  You guys are life-savers!  I don't know what I'd do
without you!

--
"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death
your right to say it." (either Thomas Pain or Voltaire)