Greetings y'all,

Please forgive the cross post, but my content is applicable to both lists and
only has a couple references specific to VIPhone.

I will always be grateful to Cara for entrusting me with the task of assisting
her to manage these lists over the last year.  As I saw it, my responsibility
was to balance the need to stay out of the way as much as possible against
curbing the natural proclivities of large groups to descend into complete
chaos.  Setting limits is never easy for anyone, and yet these lists have so
many valuable contributors who have consistently been incredibly generous about
sharing their knowledge and time, it seemed important to guide the content such
that the commitment necessary to follow them remained a worth while investment.
 My reasoning was that if control mostly ruled over Chaos, not only would
Maxwell Smart and agent 99 remain employed, but people who actually might have
a life outside following lists would want to hang around a while hence they
would continue to be valuable resources.  I did my best, though I sure made my
share of mistakes (just ask shameless <smile>).

On June 3rd it became clear that I am not a good fit with the list management
team or its apparent new direction.  I kept a low profile since then, but today
am making it official that I no longer have a role as a list moderator, and as
such any opinions I express in the future will be my own entirely.

I can no longer advocate from within for VIPhone to become like it's
MacVisionaries counterpart and join the mail archive site, but strongly agree
with Esther that doing so would reduce redundant traffic and make the learning
experience much easier for many who are new to the IOS platform.  I can't say
how many times I was able to avoid posting to the Macvisionaries list because
my topic had been addressed previously.

Again, I very much appreciated the opportunity to contribute to this community
and everyone's advice and support as many of you really helped me to improve
and made my job much easier.

Best regards.
Geoff