I don't know about any setting, because voice over works on mine until the
battery dies, all the way down when it says 2 percent.  Couple things I do
because I don't need them is.  I turn the screen brightness all the way down,
and turn off location services since I really use no apps that need that.  HTH

Kliphton SR
(twitter) http://twitter.com/kliphton72
(Marriage Blog) http://cm-i-t-real-world.blogspot.com
(Google Voice) 657-229-2105