thats not entirely correct. it did it on other parts of the site (not just
search). it took finally terminating webkit/safari and restarting just to get
things working again. it seems that once this problem started, it affected
operations on other open tabs as well.

That wasn't the only part of the rotor affected. links wouldn't display. In
fact, all rotors under web items (page controls, tables, links, headers, even
images all stated zero items. yet, if I manually sifted through the page, there
were like 100 or so links, 2 dozen images and a number of headers. until today,
this had never happened before and the only website it happened on initially
was m.facebook.com (and quickly affected the rest of the browser requiring a
restart). so, its either a never before seen bug, or a breakage in Facebook
causing corruption of the browser communications with the voiceover API.
Unfortunately, this is not my area of expertise and I can only make gross
assumptions at this point.

-Eric