From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Krister Ekstrom
Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2011 1:58 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Porting qwitter to mac?

One little piece of advise though. If you really, really want to have your
product used by blind and sighted alike, the name
"blind tweet" maybe isn't the best name in history. Everyone will assume that
it's a client for blind people only and we will
have yet another reinvention of the wheel.
/Krister

10 jul 2011 kl. 19.26 skrev Jonathan Chacón Barbero:

> Hello
>
> Blindtweet will have global keystrokes and it will run in background. I hope
> to finish the first release version by the end
of the summer

> Regards
>       Jonathan Chacón
>
> El 10/07/2011, a las 14:38, Ashley Cox escribió:
>
>> Yes, agreed. Perhaps, if someone were to create the twitter application I
>> describe below (how about calling it tweeter?),
there could be a keystroke that was global, that when pressed would pop up a
dialog in which you could compose a tweet.
>> I do find sometimes that the ability to read tweets from anywhere is, while
>> great, distracting
>> Perhaps another keystroke could be added that popped up a dialog with the
>> timeline
>>

>> On 10/07/2011 13:18, Missy Hoppe wrote:
>>> Very well said. The only thing I'd like to add is that the thing I like
>>> best about qwitter is that it runs in the
background;
>>> you can just use it where-ever you are on the computer without having to
>>> alt-tab to it first. So, if you're writing a
>>> document, or playing a game for example, you can just check tweets without
>>> losing your place in whatever program you were
in.
>>> Apart from that particular convenience, Yorufukuru on the mac does meet my
>>> needs quite adequately.
>>> Anyway, what is described below sounds perfect to me, but if qwitter were
>>> to be ported to the mac somehow, I'd only use
it
>>> over what is already available because of its ability to just run in the
>>> background. I hope that makes some kind of
sense.
>>> Missy

Twitter
>>> client? Wasn't it so that we chose the Mac platform to get away from blind
>>> specific solutions and be more standard, thus
>>> being able to more easily communicate with sighted people on equal terms? I
>>> can understand the need for one or more blind
>>> specific solutions in the PC world, but here? Am i naive, stupid, living on
>>> another planet?

and