Hello,
I am also experiencing sluggishness with Mail. Especially when I am arrowing up
and down the messages table, sometimes it takes VoiceOver 2 seconds to respond.
The sluggishness is not always there, but is most definitely noticeable.
I am also finding that the usual tab key is no longer working for me. It used
to be that I can interact with the mailboxes, select the mailbox I want to
read, press tab and go straight to the messages table. This is no longer the
case. Also, when in the messages table, if I press tab on a message, I
automatically go to the body of the message and VoiceOver starts reading. It's
not doing that exactly anymore. Now it puts me in the message header first and
reads that before the message content.
I know I can use VO-J to jump from messages table to message content. But who
wants to keep hearing VoiceOver say "Interact with" blah blah blah.
I wish the tab key would still work. It was the best method to read messages.