I will start by saying, at this given time, I see no reason for me to downgrade back to 10.6, however, I do have some initial thoughts.

I am not exactly the most fond either of how Mail now works. It's ok, I recken, but it takes some getting used to. I don't think I can really be specific. I think it's more just a different look/feel in general, more in a whole, and thus it's just a little bit awquard. I'll get it, it's just gonna take a little bit of time.

I love! ab, suh, lootly? love! the new single letter navigation with Quick Nav. The only thing I do not like is I've noticed when navigating headings on a web page, if I hit h then very quickly interupt speech, and hit it again, it usually doesn't move, unless I wait about 2 or so seconds between hitting the key. This I find somewhat annoying.

ITunes is now a complete mess! in my view. You cannot hear the content of your text view list in your music table, unless you interact with the table, then vo+right arrow over to the name column. The grid view tends to be a bit sluggish when navigating the whole library without narrowing things down with the search box. Unless you narrow things down with a search, you might as well totally! forget navigating the music text view table area unless your library is fairly small. I'm unsure at this time if maybe it has to migrate your library and is re-encoding things, or maybe redownloading artwork, etc. I doubt it though as if I don't play anything but just open the app, there isn't an LCD section to interact with, which tells me it's really not doing anything.

I love the ability of the new voices. I'm not so fond of their size, and how much quality you lose through the compact versions, but, I do have to give credit to the fact these voices are high quality, so they're not exactly meant! to be small, in Apple's defense, and in all fairness.

I've not tested the Adium issue people stated earlier about if the new voices are loaded, events not reading. That would be really aggervating if so. I wonder if there is maybe an Adium update that may fix this. I'm not even sure Apple needs to fix this issue. that might be more on the Adium developers.

I've never noticed that apple.com whatever thing coming up at start up that you all mention.

The ability to remember window states upon quitting is down, flippen right, the worst thing I think they've done. What if a program is in an unopperable state. OK, just quit it, right?...

Wrong!

Yeah, you try that and see what it does! You'll land right back where you were before you quit the app. O, K. Yes, I have heard about hitting option+command+Q instead of just command+Q, but that doesn't work. the only way to get around this that I have found is to make sure you're not interacting with a single thing in the entire app, then vo+home, and then vo+left arrow until you get to the close button. Once there, route the mouse with vo+command+F5, then, while holding the option key down, again, I said option, not control, that was notta typo. I meant what I said very purposefully. While holding the option key down, click the actual physical mouse/track pad with track pad commander turned off. If you don't havfe a mouse, oh, jee, well, I'm sorry to inform you, you're s o l, then. So, on that note, gag me with a spoon, why don't ya! Oh yeah, there is the check box you can uncheck to remember restored windows states which is in system prefs/general, but I'm telling you now, don't even attempt. You're waisting your time. The box seems to be broken something fierce. I have! escolated this to Apple engineering, and I have a senior advisor who's suposed to be getting back with me at some point in time with a hopeful resolution. For now though, it's broken, trust me. Frankly, not to brag, but right now, I got everyone at apple in that particular call center pretty stumped according to what the advisor told me.

Finally, I have a friend who's got a packmate 40 braille display. He tells me that he has to stop voiceover and unload then reload it to switch braille tables, and when switching to a language that doesn't use the A B C latin based alphabet, he's seeing nothing but question marks on the display. He tried this both with the Greek, and with the Arabic tables using scriptural texts found on biblegateway.org

I love! the way Alix now pronounces things a bit more clearly. It's suddle, yes, but it is there.

Did anyone notice? Though spelled the same way, v, e, r, b, o, c, i, t, y, that normally alex says "verbocity" just like before, but that if you go into the activity area of the Vo utility he'll say it more verbawlcity? Why! Is that not bazaar?

Anyway, so those are my first impressions.

Chris.