Hi,
I have actually sent a whole folder using airdrop, it's mighty cool.
Firstly, both macs must run Lion. Open your finder on your Macintosh hd for
example and go to the side bar. Now, quite high up in the table there's
something called "airdrop", choose that and stop interacting with the side bar.
Now vo arrow right until you come to a grid. (i think that's the correct
english word for it.) Interact with the grid, and you should see your nearby
computer. To transfer a file, open a new finder window. It defaults to "all my
files", so go to the side bar and choose the folder you want or if it's not
available in the side bar, choose the one above it. Now, from the file browser,
choose the file or folder you want to transmit and mark it for dragging, (vo+,)
Now use whatever method you prefer to go to the window with the airdrop.
Interact with the airdrop grid and choose the computer you want to send the
file to. Now press vo+period to drop the item. If all goes well, you'll get a
dialog that wants you to confirm that you want to send a file and on the other
end, you'll get a similar dialog that asks you to accept or decline the file
transfer. One little thing to beware of is that you can't seem to see the
transfer status, so you don't know how the transfer is going, unless there's a
workaround for this somewhere. I also wish there was some kind of notification
to tell me when the transfer is finished, but maybe that'll come.
HTH
/Krister