First of all, in Mail, provided you're *not!* using the classic view, how in the world do you save file attachments? The other day I was sent a dmg file via e-mail, for instance. I saw the little image thingy and the file name in the body of the e-mail, but like before, if I tried to stop interacting with the message text, then vo+left arrow to reach the attachment popup to go to save all, it obviously wasn't there. The only way I finally managed to kind of sort of get it to work, was to interact with the message text, then down arrow until I heard the image with the attached file name, then route my mouse with vo+command+F5, then control+click my trackpad. Then, vo+down arrow to save attachment, and hit vo+space on that menu option.

Surely! there has got! to be an easier way than this!

Second of my 3 questions:

I've downloaded a few of the Real Speak voices. In particular, I downloaded Karen. I really am not liking her after all. I went back to the voiceover utility, into voices, and customize. I interacted with the voices table, and unchecked Karen, but all that seemed to do is disable her. I don't see that it literally removed her from my system and uninstalled her. So, how does one completely remove a voice?

My final question is:

When on a web site, trying to upload a file... once I hit the choose file button on the page, or browse button, or whatever the website developer calls it, in the past, it would pop up a new finder window, and from there no questions asked, I could browse to the file. Now, I'm finding that half of the time, I do not land in the finder window to browse for the file. Half the time if I stop interacting with the html content, bring up the item chooser, use vo+J and shift J, try to find the finder window with command+accent grave or vo+F2-F2, or command+Tab, or even vo+F1-F1, Nothing seems to consistently work. It's extremely hit and miss, and 90% of the time, I don't hit the finder window and have to have a sighted person click me in it. Once in it, I'm fine, but not until. So...

If anyone wants to test this, go to

http://www.sendspace.com

Try not with the wizard, but from the actual web site, to upload a file in Lion with Safari 5.1. When on the choose file button, do like before and route your mouse with command+vo+F5, then vo+shift+space. Then, you'll see what I mean. It will be vbery difficult after that to find the finder window. I think maybe one time, maybe twice at most! has it come up and landed me in the focus of the finder like it should, but that was so rare it's really not worth noting.

Thanks for any tips on these 3 questions. I'm anxious to hear you all's tips.

Chris.