Couldn't Garage Band do this maybe?

-----Original Message-----
From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Paul Henrichsen
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:38 PM
To: Mac Visionaries Discussion List
Subject: Looking for a music creator program

Hi, All. On the PC, my sighted wife used to use a version of Cakewalk a few
years ago which allowed her to enter music one note at a time. I'm not a
music reader, but i guess she could enter the staffs and create the entire
choir song as if it were played on the piano.
She would use her mouse to do this.
She could then save the mp3 so I could listen to it and learn my part. She
could even drop the volume on the other parts so I could primarily hear the
bass line.
Is there anything like that on the Mac?
I'd like to find something for as I know she enjoyed entering music.
Since she is sighted, accessibility isn't an issue.
Thanks.