Chris,

It will change her baseband, and no she doesn't need to remove her sim card
or reactivate.

-----Original Message-----
From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Christopher-Mark
Gilland
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:01 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: latest iPhone update?

My friend who isn't that tech savvy wants me to update her IPhone.  Granted,
I dono why she can't just do it herself, I mean, it's not like it's that
hard, but my only concern, being as far as I know, she's never updated the
thing since she got it, does she need to remove her sim card, or anything
first?  I don't want it deactivating where she somehow has to after updating
reactivate her phone's sim, etc.  Or is this gonna be just like the IPod
touch, where everything is done seemless and no preparation needs first to
be done.

I don't want it screwing her base band etc.  NO she's not jail broken, nor
has any desire to be.

Chris.