Hi Scott,
Maybe the issue is fixed in Lion. I think Andre posted that he thought it had
been fixed. It happens in the reader for me on SL with all linked text. I
always get the double text, first time just read out loud as text, second time
with text preceded by the word "link". There were several links in that
article, so if none of them read twice, it sounds like the issue is solved, or
you and I have something set different in our vo. I'd be curious if there are
people on SL who don't get the double reading when using the Safari or Webkit
reader. I love that reader feature. The double text is the only irritating
thing about it. This double reading does not occur for me if I find the
beginning of an article not in the reader and just do a vo a to start reading
from the cursor down.

Mary

Mary Otten
motte...@gmail.com