It doesn't on the macbook pro 2011 either. I wish it would save my preference
to have screen brightness at 0. Ah well.

-----Original Message-----
From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Ricardo Walker
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2011 1:58 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: IMPORTANT: To MacBook Pro Lion Users

Really?

Oh.  It certainly doesn't on the Macbook pro mid 2010.

Ricardo Walker
rwalker...@gmail.com
Twitter & Skype: rwalker296
www.mobileaccess.org

On Aug 12, 2011, at 1:19 PM, Kristyn Leigh wrote:

> That's not true on my Macbook air running Lion. If I set the screen
> brightness to 0, it stays there when I reboot.
> On Aug 12, 2011, at 3:17 AM, Ricardo Walker wrote:
>
>> Right,
>>
>> Its not possible to turn off the display as it were, without locking the
>> device.  I guess they figured, why would anyone
want such a feature.  You would have a lot of paniced sighted folks.  lol.  On
the Mac, restarting your macbook will turn
back up screen brightness.  But there's no intuitive way to restart an iPhone
without sight unless your a voiceover user.

>> Ricardo Walker
>> rwalker...@gmail.com
>> Twitter & Skype: rwalker296
>> www.mobileaccess.org
>>
>> On Aug 12, 2011, at 3:12 AM, Chris Moore wrote:
>>
>>> If only we could turn the screen brightness down to complete zero on the
>>> iPhone too (it is still visible with the
brightness way down).

brightness in regards to battery conservation.  If all you do is turn on screen
curtain, your display is still blazing away
just with well, a black curtain over it.  lol.

all.