Thank you very much for this. I finally got back to trying this today
and it seems to work pretty good.
Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Esther
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 9:27 AM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Radio tuner aps for the Mac

Hi Frank,

I've only played with the trial version of Radium, but if you are using
TrackPad Commander, you can navigate to the Radium icon in the Dock and
double tap on the TrackPad to bring up the menu.  You'll be in the
search field, and can type in the station you want, and flick to the
menu button and other controls to configure shortcuts and preferences.
However, I'm used to using keyboard shortcuts, and if you don't want to
use TrackPad Commander, once you launch Radium, you can just press
Command+comma to bring up the preferences menu, then navigate to the
"Controls" tab, and interact with the table of keyboard shortcuts,
checking the boxes for any that you want to activate.  Among these will
be a shortcut to start/stop Radium (Command+Shift+E by default).  Once
this is checked, and the preferences window is closed, using this
shortcut will take you to the search field in the Radium menu and allow
you to start a search for a station, or else access the other parts of
the menu (e.g. view the last selected station, resume playing, check it
to mark as a favorite, access the menu button for other options
including setting preferences, etc.)  The keyboard shortcut of
Command+Shift+E toggles open and closed the menu window that you would
normally get by clicking the Radium icon on the status menu bar. (If you
want to change this to a different keyboard shortcut, in the table on
the "Controls" pane in the "Preferences" menu where you checked the box
for the "Start/Stop Radium" option, use VO-Space on the column listing
the keyboard shortcut, then type in a new shortcut sequence.)

As far as I know there are no Tutorials. I find it helpful to Google for
a review when I want to learn about an app's features and capabilities.
You can use the Mail Archive search to find and read my earlier posts,
which give a bit more details on the menu layout and other preference
tab options, such as subscriptions.

The Mail Archive page for this list is:
http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries%40googlegroups.com/

Type your search terms like:
Esther radium
to bring up links to relevant posts.  Since the Mail Archive supports
searching by author, a better search would be to use terms like:
from: Esther radium
where there is a colon after "from"

This will get you the link to the first post:
* Re: radio app for macbook air
http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries%40googlegroups.com/msg51385.h
tml

To read down the thread to my later posts, press Control+n  (for
"next").  To read the earlier posts in the thread, discussing Radioshift
and Piano Pub, press Control+p (for "previous"). User of different
browsers can substitute the appropriate access key (e.g., use "Alt"
instead of "Control" for Internet Explorer.)

You can read more about Mail Archive search syntax options and shortcut
keys from their FAQ:
http://www.mail-archive.com/faq.html

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther