Hi Falcon, Chad, Christopher and others,
The problem is indeed, that I would like to bump the trackpad out of existence.
I did find that if you have an external mouse, you can disable the internal
trackpad, but that is not what I'm hoping to find. Just like on a windows
laptop, I want to turn it off entirely, also for sighted people. If I swipe
left or right with 3 fingers by accident, for example, the dashboard comes up,
and that is only one of the things I'm trying to avoid. If anyone has another
suggestion, please let me know. If I find one myself, I'll post it back here.

Paul.