Hi keith,

First, yes you can disable that in Lion. Go to the apple menu, then system
preferences, and there go to keyboard. Once opened, move over to the second tab
sheet called keyboard shortcuts and hit it with VO space.

Now, you have a dialog with 2 tables. In the first table, select mission
control by interacting, then moving to column 2, and then VO down till you land
on it. Now leave the table by stopping to interact. Then move right over to the
second table, and  there select move left a space or move right a space. Those
are 2 separate entries. Using the checkbox to the left of the description, so
the checkbox is in column 1, turn it off for both directions left and right.
Now close with command w.

Second, you can also decide to tell fusion to not react to os10 keys. This can
be done  in fusion preferences command comma, and then the keyboard toolbar
item.
Hth.
Paul.