I am afraid you will have to be a little more specific.

1. In Lion by default every program that was running when you logout or
shutdown the computer will be restarted.
2. You can mark programs to start at login via the DOCK and/or system
preferences.
3. Several utility programs are started by init / Launch / cron including file
sharing and printer queueing systems.

Which of these are you trying to work with?

Best wishes,

Jonathan