Hi listers,
When opening an ftp server on the internet from within finder in Lion, it is
perfectly possible to download stuff. Command k to input the server name like
ftp://ftp.somewhere.com, and I'm asked for my credentials. Using an ftp client,
I have read and write permissions there. However, from the finder, I can only
read. Attempting to delete a file won't work. Hitting command i for info on the
file, says I can only read, in the permissions field. What is going on here?
Why can't I write, or command c commanc v upload, into the server, even though
the server itself allows me to do it using a normal ftp client?

In an attempt to collect information for trouble shooting,
If I connect through smb to another computer on my home network, I can write
without problems. If I approach the same home networked computer using ftp, I
can't write either. So my own ftp or somewhere on the internet, even if I have
write permissions, using finder ftp, I cannot write. Any ideas?

Paul.