Hi Paul and others,

        I will try this suggestion,  However, I'm not sure where the option to
reset to factory settings is.  I'll look for it but if you know please share.

        Also, I have not tried it yet but in passing a helpful Freedom
Scientific Rep suggested that in windows 7 I could simply paste the JAWS
shortcut into the Start up folder found under all programs and that should make
it work in my VM machine.  I'll report back on how VM Fusion works with that
once I figure it out!

the more I push my Mac's abilities the more amazed and productive I am.

Eric Caron
On Sep 7, 2011, at 7:57 AM, Paul Erkens wrote:

> [...]
> checked the permissions on the mac hd volume. We have checked inside windows,
> to see if somewhere in documents and settings, where jaws stores its
> configuration data, a rights problem was sitting. Why, would jaws, on other
> systems, retain its settings, while on the vm it would not. We were starting
> to think that this was a fusion problem. Even one of the Belgian freedom
> scientific workers helped debugging the problem one entire afternoon, but no
> luck. Until my friend's friend, came up with the solution, found by accident.
>
> What you need to do, and this as worked for 2 people already that I know of,
> is that you reset jaws to its factory default, thereby destroying all your
> user settings. But, when you reconfigure jaws afterwards, you may find that
> from then on, jaws will remember its settings. Albeit spelling, autostart,
> and whatever. Please try that and report back on it, because it seems that
> this is a nasty jaws bug, but so difficult to trace. To be clear, my friend's
> friend encountered this same problem on a native windows pc. He passed it on,
> and now it works for my friend as well.
> Hth,
> Paul.
> On Sep 7, 2011, at 12:30 PM, Eric Caron wrote:
>
>> Hi Kawal and Paul,
>>
>>      thanks for this added info.
>>
>>      My imported Boot Camp partition seemed to be working ok until I deleted
>> the real Boot Camp.  now each time I start the virtual machine I get a
>> strange message that says something like can not connect file
>> User/ecaron/library/application support/VM Fusion/Vertual machine/BootCamp/
>> Boot Camp.vvmwarevm//auto Detect as a CD rOM image Can not find the file.
>> Vertual Device IDE 1 will start disconnected.  I then press OK and things
>> seem to work all right.  this error message made me concerned so I decided
>> to create a new virtual machine with my windows 7 disk and instal JAWS
>> directly.  That went ok until I decided to set up JAWS, still in 40 minute
>> mode.  It seems to work except it won't hold the check box setting to start
>> at log in.  This makes me concerned that it won't work correctly.  Plus I
>> need it to come up talking.
>>
>> So, I have two machines available at the moment.  I only on ant one but I
>> can't get either one to work correctly.
>>
>> I really appreciate the tips and information.  Even just knowing someone
>> else has Lyon working with VM and JAWS is helpful.  I'm close to having this
>> working!  Perhaps there is just a setting I need to fix in one of the
>> machines.
>>
>> Tips are greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Eric Caron
>> On Sep 7, 2011, at 5:10 AM, Paul Erkens wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Eric,
>>> I'm aware that people sometimes have issues with jaws when importing their
>>> bootcamp partition into fusion but I can't tell you what is wrong. Can't
>>> you remove the authorization from bootcamp, and then reinstall it into
>>> Hth,