I have a powermac g4 tower that I wanted to upgrade to osx 10.5 since that was
as high as I could go on non-intel hardware. I wanted to be legitimate and not
just "share" a copy from another machine. This turned out to be non-trivial as
Apple moved all references and sales to 10.6 (at the time) and all the usual
web sites selling old software were apparently aware of this, jacking up the
price to hundreds of dollars. I finally ended up buying one from eBay for a
more sane price that was still north of $100. So just be prepared. Folks who
have stocks of 10.5 in the shrink-wrap know the non-intel Mac users have
nowhere else to go and will price accordingly. That cheap ppc Mac might not be
such a deal if you want it somewhat current legally.

CB

Sent from my iPhone