Hi,
To select text, navigate to where you wish the selection to begin, then place
to fingers together and pull them apart in opposite directions,, like an
opening or pulling apart motion. I've had trouble with VoiceOver mistaking this
motion for a rotor turn and have had better luck using two hands.

In an email exchange over how to make an app more accessible, a developer
informed me that his rich text editor could not reliably select text while
VoiceOver was active due to an apparent limitation in Webkit. As I think all IS
browsers are based on that technology, it seems that the workaround suggested
below might be the simplest way to get at text consistently. Perhaps this will
be made simpler by Safari's reader functionality in IS5?

Sent from my iPad