Yes, Sarah. They are wireless in the sense that you don't have to be connected.
The little disk is what you plug and it's a little bitty short cord. Yes, I
agree about the light. I have no light perception, and I have to get my husband
to make sure the light is on. Thinking up stuff like that is just
thoughtlessness because an assumption is made that anybody can do it. I did
trying using my iPhone light program on it, and it sort of works, especially if
there's not much other light. If you get the iPhone right up on it, it does
change sound for blinking light.

Regards,
Gigi