Ioana,

Does this allow the user to choose what gets ported over by using checkboxes or some other selection process? I have a lot of files on my old Windows laptop which I don't want to transfer over to my new Mac Air.

Kes

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ioana Gandrabur" <igandra...@gmail.com>
To: "MacVisionaries" <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2011 12:53 PM
Subject: cannot recommend the migration assistant enough for new users switching from pc

Hi all,

Just used the migration assistant on lion to get all my data from my pc over to the mac. Wish I knew about it when I first started. For any of you still needing this the link to download the migration assistant for pc that you will need to make the network between the old pc and the mac is:
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1415
Hope this helps someone.

Best,

Ioana