Hello:
I have a brand-new Mac Book Pro here. It has a 2.7 core I7 processor, 4 gigs of
ram, and to my way of thinking, that should be enough. When I go to download a
file from the Internet, Safari becomes extremely sluggish. This behavior is
quite recent.  When I first got my wonderful new machine, it worked just fine.
However, what has started to happen in the last few days, is this. I find a
file I want to download. I start the download process. I stop interacting with
html content. I interact with the toolbar. I click the download button.
Immediatly, Safari becomes sluggish, saying "Safari busy" over and over.
Accordingly, I cannot look at my download progress at all. I have not
downloaded any new software or anything like that. This problem has only
started happening this weekend.  Is there something I should change in Safari?
Just wondering if this is normal behavior and I should shut up and live with
it.  I hope not, any help would be greatly appreciated.