From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Teresa Cochran
Sent: 07 October 2011 16:45
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: An Idiot's guide to creating playlists in iTunes

Hello, Martin,

First of all, once you connect your drive, go to Itunes and press command-o
to add items to your library. You can browse in that dialog for your drive.
Import your files. Then, in the sources list, go to "recently added". Your
files should be there. Turn cursor tracking off with VO-shift-f3. This will
allow you to move the VO cursor around without moving the system cursor, so
you can select the files you want. Go to a file and press
command-option-control space to tell VO to select it. Keep doing this for
each file you want to copy. Hit command-c to copy, then turn cursor tracking
back on with VO-shift-f3. Once you have your IPod connected, find it in your
sources area. Once you have it, VO right once and there you should find a
table. Press command-v to paste the files you have copied there.

You might have noticed that your Ipod area has some settings available. The
setings here will depend on your Ipod model. These will allow you to sync
your music in various ways. Once you have done the manual method I've
outlined, you might want to try setting these up, so that your Ipod will
sync your music for you. Personally, I do everything manually, but that is
just my own preference.

Hope this helps,
Teresa
On Oct 6, 2011, at 5:22 AM, Martin Brown wrote:

> Everyone,
>
> I would like to create playlists so that I might put specific music into
them in order to use my iPod Touch.  I have a Mac, but I just cannot get to
grips with how to use iTunes and copy music into it from an external drive
in order to make playlists.