Hi Donna,

As far as I can tell, your password for iCloud mail is just the password for
your apple ID. I'm just making a semi-educated guess, but I think It's just a
part of your iCloud account and probably can't have a different password for
technical reasons. If you look in the mail app, you'll probably have a message
welcoming you to iCloud mail. This means you are all set.

I also had the same problem with sending a test message to my new address. I
don't know what is causing it, but when I went to twitter and changed my email
address with them, I received the verification message from twitter just fine.
I did some investigating and it seems that there is a problem with my current
email provider. the undeliverable error message came from them, not from the
iCloud server. I'm wondering if the same kind of thing is happening here.

Sorry I couldn't be any more help.