this happened to me on my macbook a few months back. I took it in to have the keyboard repaired. Its over three years old. I expected to have to pay for it or at least pay a minimum charge. Not only was it free, they replaced the liaminent making the computer look like a brand new unit on the outside. And my brother, who was one of the first iphone users under a t & t said he had them replace his three or four times no questions asked. good luck to you, max