Hi Guys.
I could not resist telling you guys this story told to me by a blind friend of
mine. He was laughing so much about this, that he just had to call me up and
tell me all about it. This will just go to show you just how much we have come
forward with accessibility, thanks to Steve and all his folks.

This friend was having difficulty with his old phone, and he was thinking about
getting an iPhone. I think he eventually will when his current contract runs
out in a few months. He thought it was time because he thought his current
phone was dead. He asked the salesman at Sprint to show him the new Siri
iPhone. The man, with all the confidence of someone who thought he knew what he
was doing blurted out: "I don't think it will work for a blind person. It's got
a flat screen."

After making this incredibly uninformed statement, he handed the iPhone to my
friend at his request. Luckily, he had some experience with iPhones from his
sighted iPhone using friends; he's never seen mine. He said to the guy: "just
let me show you something here."

Luckily they were so uninformed that they hadn't messed with the defaults on
the Siri iPhone. So, my friend pressed the home key three times, and when it
came up he said into it: "show me the weather in Miami, Florida." It did, and
VoiceOver started reading it. The salesman, pretty much in shock, said: "I will
never say a thing like that again. That shows me."

Regards,
Gigi