What model and flavor is it? As a USB device it usually is just a matter of the manufacturer offering OSX drivers. Without that you'll be stuck.

CB

On 10/28/11 4:24 PM, Shannon Dyer wrote:
I have no clue, but would be very interested in finding out. I have a wonderful USB headset that works on Windows, but won't work when I'm running Mac OS.

I'm not sure which mics are Mac compatible. I have a feeling this will take some research.

Shannon

If you're a Pagan, Goddess-centered woman wishing to build community, write to womenofthegoddess-subscr...@quitelikely.com <mailto:womenofthegoddess-subscr...@quitelikely.com>

On Oct 28, 2011, at 12:57 PM, Brent Harding wrote:

Wow, they've been doing this for a few years now. I wonder what the converter thingy is?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex Hall" <mehg...@gmail.com <mailto:mehg...@gmail.com>> To: "MacVisionaries list" <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com <mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>>
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2011 11:27 AM
Subject: a note on microphones for macs

Hi all,
I just made a discovery that I really wish someone had shared with me earlier. Apparently, Macs use a different microphone input than most other PC sound cards. This means that the standard, non line-quality microphone you may have, as I do, will not work with a Mac's microphone jack. You either need a converter, a microphone that is certified to work with Macs, or a USB microphone. This also explains why Windows sees only a line-in jack for audio input in addition to digital audio.

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from BrailleNote
mehg...@gmail.com <mailto:mehg...@gmail.com>; http://www.facebook.com/mehgcap

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MacVisionaries" group. To post to this group, send email to macvisionaries@googlegroups.com <mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries?hl=en.