Well, one does not actually meed a script unless uou truely want to link "send"
to the trackpad commandr.  If you want to re-map send to F3 it is fairly easy
to do.

The below instructions are for Snow Leopard, if somebody needs me to test them
in Lion I can do that.

1. Start system preferences.
2. switch to the keyboard panel. usually use the "view" menu for this)
3.select the "Keyboard Shortcuts" tab.
4. Find the "Shortcut Categories" table and select "Application Shortcuts"
(line 10 column 2 )
5.Tab the "Add an Application Shortcut" button
6. In the new window there are three entry items.
7. Select "Mail" from the pull down menu"
8. Type in "Send" (Capitalize the S  ) in the second field and then hit tab.
9. Tab a function key or modifier key and letter or function key. (In my case I
used F3)
10. Hit tab again and hit enter.
11. Review the application shortcuts table to make sure you entered as expected.
12. Test it out in mail.

Best wishes,

Jonathan