Just look in the status menu. It's there. Or, you can go into System
Preferences and go into Time Machine and check the progress that way. It's not
that hard. BTW Time Machine is very easy to set up with VoiceOver; all you have
to do is follow the instructions it gives you and click a few self-explanatory
buttons which are labeledclearly for the most part as to what they do.
HTH