Hi guys.
Tables has been my most painful part of switching to the Mac. I signed up for
on-to-one with Apple when I got my Mac, and I have been there three times
trying to work out the difficulties with my tables.

It was, by folks on this list, that told me to put the text into Numbers and
then put it back into Pages once I organized the table. My problem is, and I
have a feeling that it would not be a problem if I could stay in Pages, is that
I have to convert mine into Word files. Once I do that, everything seems to
change.

My problem is that my columns are not even in width, and I had to get a reader
to help me determine the sizes for each column. They tell me it looks fine on
the screen once I get the columns set, so I think I am fine. But then, when I
convert the thing and my husband looks at it on his Windows computer, it's got
problems I didn't know about before I sent it.

I tried using the option of text to fit content, but it didn't work either. The
reason I have been working on this is that I have a customer who thinks she
needs these things. However, she may be about not to get them because the
reality is that she could read the text perfectly fine in rtf tabular format.
Besides, she just lost one of her proofreaders, so she's down to two; I think
she'll take anything now.

I could put Windows on my Mac, and I would if I thought it was critical for her
to get tables. I hope that when they update Pages, this gets fixed before I
have to tell her that she's not getting the tables. Trust me guys. She won't
dispense with my work just for this. She'll be glad to get it. If I get a
chance, I'm going to try one more time to see if changing other column widths
will work. If anybody has any other ideas before I try again, I would
appreciate hearing the idea before I have to spring it on her.

Regards,
Gigi

Sent from my iPhone