I have been able to use TinTin for mudding of the mac pretty successfully.  I
set up an activity for terminal so that the VO cursor does not follow the
keyboard or insertion point.  This means that even though VO will interrupt
itself, it doesn't move my cursor all the way to the bottom, so I can continue
to arrow through/use find to figure out what is going on.  TinTin is nice
because you can set up gags, triggers, and aliases like other clients.  Gags
have been especially helpful in getting rid of unnecessary info being spoken.

I have not learned to set up a sound pack for TinTin, but I hope it can be
done.  This would make the mudding experience even more accessible.

-Greg