Hi,
I don't believe the iPad can do that natively, so you'd need an app like Filer.
When you get an attachment you want to save, you use the "open with" menu to
send it to Filer or a similar app. From there, you can transfer it via cloud
service, USB or wi-fi. Not sure what happens if you do the above directly to
the Dropbox app. HTH

Respectfully,
Aser Tolentino, Esq.
agtolent...@gmail.com