Marlaina Lieberg wrote:
> What kinds of things will siri control?  Would it control an ir tv remote for
> example?

There is, quite literally, no limit to what you can make Siri do with the Siri
proxy and your own plug-ins.  You could make it draw your kurtains, turn off
your lights and lower the volume of your music if you so desired, followed by
posting a tweet saying you were going to bed.  But as I stated in a message
early yesterday morning, it takes in-depth knowledge of programming concepts,
the Ruby programming language, and the APIs (if any) offered by the
products/services that you want to control.  And all that comes after you've
managed to get the proxy up and running, which in itself is no easy task.
There are tutorials for those who already have a Linux/OS X machine to run it
on, but from what I've seen they are heavily geared towards those with a
knowledge of the command line, DNS and other network configuration, etc.

> This is really fascinating, but I am at the proxy server for dummies level,
> LOL!

Fascinating it certainly is, and I hate to burst your bubble, but getting Siri
to put out food for your cat is not a simple process by any stretch of the
immagination.
--
James Scholes
http://twitter.com/JamesScholes