Hi everyone, I found a solution, to the unzipping multipart  files by trying
stuffit from the app store, that an apple store person put me on to. when you
find the file, you want to unzip, you, vo shift m on the file you want to
unzip, then open with and use the choice stuffit and it anounces the
decompressed file in folder form, after a few secs, there's a progress
indicator too, and it seems to be accessible. I was told it only worked, with
rar files but it, seems it works with most files. when installed  click on the
don't register button, and your good to go. Thanks everyone, and have a happy
newyear where ever you are.