From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of André Nuno Soares
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2012 6:51 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Safari bookmarks

Hello Bill and others,

There are several options here:
1. You can add your bookmarks to the bookmarks menu.
This way, when you want to go to a  bookmarked address, you just have to
jump to the menu bar (VO M or Control F2), move to the Bookmarks menu and
select the bookmark you want.
Additionally, you can create folders to help organize things. They will
appear as submenus in the bookmarks menu.

2. You can show the Bookmarks bar and add your bookmarks to it
In the View menu, select "Show Bookmarks bar".
When you stop interacting with a web page, if you do VO left arrow you'll
first find the Tab bar items (if  you have "Show Tab bar" selected) and
continuing to the left  you'll find the Bookmarks bar items.
These items can be a single bookmark, in which case you can use the shortcut
keys  Command+number key,  or a folder, where your bookmarks will show as a
drop down menu when you select it.

I find the Bookmarks bar the easiest and quickest way to access my
bookmarks, both on the Mac and the iPad.

3. You can do a mix of Bookmarks menu and Bookmarks bar
This way, you can keep your most used bookmarks on the Bookmarks bar,
accessible via the shortcut Command+Number key, and all the rest in folders
in the Bookmarks menu.

Don't know if I was very clear, sorry...

Anyway, hope this helps someone,
André

On 12/01/2012, at 15:53, Chris Blouch wrote:

> Actually, if you put items in the bookmark bar you can access them by
pressing Command-1 for the first bookmark and command-2 for the second. I
always keep my most often used sites in the bookmark bar so I can have those
shortcuts to loading them.

> CB
>
> On 1/12/12 7:48 AM, Thomas McMahan wrote:
>> How about storing them in bookmarks bar, then just going throughout the
list of them under the apple menu because at that point it's just a sub menu
under bookmarks.  Perhaps that would be a little less complicated than what
you're doing.
>> On Jan 11, 2012, at 10:54 PM, Bill Holton wrote:
>>
>>> Hi.
>>> Am I missing something here?  I tried using the command option B command
to call up my list of book marks.  It seems you have to move up to the first
table, interact with that table, find the bookmark you want, stop
interacting with that table, move down to the next table, interact with that
table, move over to the bookmark listing and then press spacebar.  Can it
possibly be that complicated to pick a bookmark or is there something
obvious I am missing?  Thanks.
>>> Thanks.