Hello Donna.

If you are usimg the latest update in Lion, what you experience is a bug or
problem as Mark Taylor brought this to the list's attention when he installed
the latest update.  As I recall, he was going to write to Apple Accessability
although I have no idea if this has been done as there were other list members
doing the same.  I'd suggest you write to the Accessability team at Apple
explaining what you experience with the latest update in mail if you are using
that.

Kawal.