To be honest I have switched back to the classic layout.  Only because I like
being able to interact with the columns so I can just whizz up and down the
subjects.  Makes it much quicker when you get so much mail to red.

I do find this version of mail more buggy and less responsive than the Snow
Leopard version though, so let's hope that get's addressed in time.  It is a
million times better than Windows Live Mail or Outlook Express :)