Hi! Yes, I think you have to install a particular version of audacity.
If you install something different then the results are not going to
be as it is generally expected. You can find that version googling a
little or maybe going to the ftp of audacity (they specifically
mention MACOS accessibility in one of the versions). If you want more
help, please send me the link of that podcast! I think I've listened
to it sometime in the past but I lost the link.