Wow!
More than the hardware, I am concerned about the data, so my hard drive is
fully encrypted.
I don't know if you are being too paranoid or not. I just think that your MBA
will feel very upset if you don't use it in public. :)
You need some guts to steal a laptop like that. I must be lucky or something,
but I tend to trust my environment quite a bit. I live in NYC.

I have heard about people getting their iPhone stollen while talking on the
phone with it. Must be so funny to watch… Sorry if it happened to you guys.

Anyway, if you are too concerned, try to see if you can have it insured. I use
it all the time in cars, restaurants, jumping from meetings to meetings, on the
plane, train and even once from the privacy of my bathroom. O O :)

Cheers!