yep! I give you the procedure right now. Correct me if something is
wrong; well I do not know exact English words because I have adium in
my mother language but the concept is the same!
1. opening the preference dialog box
2. interacting with the toolbar and choosing events
3. choosing preferred event - for example, received message
4. setting it up with "read aloud"
It asks to give a name to the set of event notifications, I just
called it "audio notification - copy"
of course you can add as many events you want with the events table,
pressing the add button at the end of window.
The funny thing is, that even if it's set correctly, it speaks only if
voiceover is turned off!