I worked with an Apple rep and did 2 re-installs of Lion.  The first was from
the recovery partition which did not resolve anything.  I then did an erase of
the hard disk and then re-installed the OS.  The dropping of the internet
connection seems to be resolved.  If I do a shut down of the system and then
power it on, VO comes up talking.  If I do a restart, I usually must bring
focus to the Finder and then I hear VO speak.  Don't know if that can be
resolved.  Now, as I had to redo my settings, I cannot seem to locate how to
enable one letter navigation on the web.  Can someone refresh my memory on
this?  Thanks.

Les