Yes, I didn't see any quoted text below so I assume yhou started a new message
from scratch and that's what you should do when starting a new thread.

Anyway, I thought I saw a reply to your question earlier this morning.  I've
never actually changed my name in Apple Mail yet.  I know it's pretty tough
renaming an actual account because I ran into that problem a while ago.  But
you're not doing that now.  Start out by pressing Command-comma to launch you
into the Application preferences; be sure you are in mail before doing this.  I
would arrow around and look over the various options.  Probably would want
something in General or Personal profiles or something.  I think when you set
up mail for the first time, it inherits your name from your system ID and
whatever name you might have used when you set up your machine and I'm not sure
off the top of my head how you go about changing that info.