highlight the paragraph you want to center and press command shift vertical
line this is to the right of right bracket. Alternatively go to format menu and
then text submenu open that one and find the paragraph allinement I think and
there you have center. I am not 100% sure because I'm away from mac at the
moment.

hth,

Ioana

Please check out my cd on www.ioanagandrabur.com, on iTunes or most online