No real need to save,  since every hour or when you close the window with the
document it will be saved.  To do a save as is now a two step process.

1. Slect file->Duplicate
2. select file->Save

I suppose one could set up an apple script that would look for the save-as and
if it was not found then do the listed steps above.

Best wishes,

Jonathan C. Cohn
jonc...@cox.net